EXERCISES YOU CAN DO IN THE WORKPLACE, WITHOUT LEAVING YOU DESK.
- Breath out slowly whilst pulling you stomach in as tight as you can. Continue to breath normaly whilst holding in your stomach for 2 mins. Relax for 1 minute and repeat 5 times. Do this several times throughout the day to firm up your stomach
- Place your palms flat on your desk and push down hard, keep the pressure up for a count of thirty. Relax for 10 seconds and repeat 5 times.
- Raise your elbows level with your shoulders and place your palm together in front of your chest. Push your hands against each other and maintain the pressure for a count of thirty. Rest for 10 seconds and reapeat 5 times.
- If there is room under your desk, sit in your chair with a straight back. Lift your legs until they are horizontal in front of you and hold for 60 seconds, relax and repeat holding for 50 seconds, then 40 seconds etc. all the way down to 10 seconds.
- Sit upright and place your feet flat on the floor with your knees at 90 degrees. Push down through the floor and hold with maximum pressure for 30 seconds, relax then repeat 5 Times.
- Bicep curls with a 2 ltr water bottle 15 reps the change arms, repeat throughout the day.
- Stand for short periods in the squat position so that you appear to be seated.